- Place 2 cans of the drained and rinsed cannellini beans in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the remaining can of beans
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, warm half the olive oil and saute the onion for about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic, pancett, parsley, oregano, and rosemary and saute for another 4 minutes
- Add the rest of the olive oil, the beef stock, the diced tomatoes, and the bean mixture and bring to a boil
- Season with salt and pepper (some people like to add a dash of red pepper flakes)
- Add the pasta shells and cook until the pasta is tender (about 15 minutes)
If the soup is too thick, add water or additional beef broth. I served this with a salad of mesclun lettuce and garlic bread. We enjoyed the leftovers for the next 2 days.