Do you swoon when you get within 100 yards of a Cinnabon? Does the combination of butter and cinnamon loosen your inhibitions? Well, then have I got a muffin for you. These "middle of the cinnamon roll muffins" are easily as good as that yeasty confection that we find so addicting. That they require no yeast or rising just means you can start eating them faster. This recipe is originally from Framed Cooks and was posted on the blog Fantastical Sharing of Recipes.
Makes 12 muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place paper liners in each cup of a 12 cup muffin tin.
For the cinnamon topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbs finely chopped pecans
1 heaping tsp of cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
For the muffins:
1/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
In a stand mixer, beat the butter for 30 seconds on high until fluffy.
- Lower speed to medium and add sugar. Beat for 2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk on low speed (1/3 flour, 1/2 milk; 1/3 flour, 1/2 milk; 1/3 flour
- Top each cup with a heaping tsp of the cinnamon topping.
- Divide remaining batter among cups.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon topping.