|Cinnamon Bun Cake|
This easy-to-make cake doesn't just taste like cinnamon buns, it tastes better. It should be reserved for very special people in your life because it is love on a plate.
If you aren't already familiar with the blog Mennonite Girls Can Cook, don't let another day pass without visiting it. I can honestly say that every single recipe I've tried from MGCC has been delicious (and I confess to being partial to their baked goods). Betty R scored a home run with this one. The only negative is you may end up eating the whole thing!
- For the cake:
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13" greased pan.
- Stir together topping ingredients until creamy
- Drop evenly over batter by tablespoons and swirl through the batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes.
- Whisk glaze ingredients till smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
- Best served warm..although it tastes great even after it has cooled!
I wish there were an audio component to blogging because I would simply let you listen to the sounds that spring to your lips while eating a slice of this warm, gooey, delicious cake. This is going to be Christmas Day breakfast (any leftovers may make it to the dessert table later, but I'm not making any promises).