These file folders have made my life soooooo much easier. I have one for Weight Watcher recipes, one for Thanksgiving, one for Christmas, one for Easter, and one for Cookouts right now.
Thanksgiving's folder, for example, holds the following:
- Thawing/Roasting Guidelines
- article on "Hassel-free Thanksgiving"
- article "Making Gravy the CIA Way"
- Thanksgiving Shopping List
- Menus from previous Thanksgivings
- To Do list for the day before and the day of (a timeline)
- recipe for "Classic Make-ahead Gravy" (the best!)
- recipe for Sausage Roll Puffs (appetizer)
- recipe for Quick Candied Sweet Potatoes
- recipe for Smashed Rutabagas with Ginger-roasted Pears
- recipe for Corn Casserole
- recipe for Mashed Turnips with Nutmeg
- recipe for Bourbon-Pecan Tart
- recipe for Puree of Roasted Pear and Fennel Parmesan Soup
- recipe for Spicy Sausage in Carozza
I can see at a glance what I served the year before and I have choices for some of my side dishes. The shopping list may be altered slightly depending on dishes added or subtracted, but a lot of the planning is already done for me. Believe me, this organization has saved me so much time. I highly recommend it.